Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My Double Life Comes to An End

So...
All this time I've kept my "art" life
separate from my regular life.
I don't really know why,
I have read about other people who are "in the closet".
All that changed a couple of weeks ago.
I posted a few paintings on Facebook.
A dear friend bought my very favorite angel.
(The one I had planned for the home page of my web site)
The next thing I knew....
I'm "out"
My kids, who didn't even know I had a blog, are showing their co-workers at work.
My friends are admiring my artwork.
I love it....but I'm a little nervous.
Call me crazy....
Have a great day!
Karen

4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Hey Karen,
I have visits from my real life peeps on my blog, but fewer than I would have thought when I first started out. One constant is my hubby - he reads everything I write and show. He never comments on the blog but we chat about it often. I kind of like it. It keeps me real and honest, you know, keeps me accountable, somehow. Your art, your heart and your writing here are the real you too, right ? Why not have your closest cheerleaders on board for the ride ?
Welcome to the light, Artist Woman !

Anonymous said...

OOhh Congratulations, Karen!

xo

debi lynn mattingly said...

Hi sweetie!

First, I want to thank you for stoppin' by the "yaya"!

Congrats on coming "out of the closet" with your beautiful work! I look forward to seeing more!!!

Have a beautiful & creative week...xo...deb

Heather said...

heheh! it is a bit like coming out, isnt it? Telling the world 'here i am! take it or leave it!' it can feel very vulnerable since art is such a personal thing...but its so freeing!