Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

It is a beautiful day outside.

The sun is shining.

The birds are chirping.


The daffodils are blooming




A perfect Easter day.



I'm reminded of past Easter mornings when my children were small. The memory of the girls wearing new Easter dresses, shiny new shoes and fresh haircuts . My son searching for Easter eggs over and over again. It's nice to remember but it makes me sad that I can never recapture those moments. I keep seeing my oldest daughter in a light pink smocked dress with a beautiful white cardigan and her beautiful auburn hair - she must have been about six. That memory has haunted me all day. Holidays are so hard after losing a child....every holiday is filled with memories of my daughter, young and old. I should have made plans today....when I am alone with my thoughts...let's just say I'm not at my best!
Hope you are having a Happy Easter filled with joy and chocolate and peeps.
Be good to yourself!
Karen



1 comment:

Paul C said...

You capture the vibrant feelings of spring so well in your artwork.