Thursday, September 24, 2009

Home from Back surgery..on the mend

Pink Bedroom SlippersImage by Salihan.com via Flickr


So surgery went well! Amazinly well! The first few hours were a bit worrisome...There was much more to do inside my spine than he anticipated (he had to "chistle" much longer than usual and had to move my spine over to get to a large calcification). All of this meant, two hours longer in surgery and the probability of more pain. When I woke up, my leg was hurting like crazy! I was so disappointed but when my doctor was notified, he ran three doses of massive steroids and that pain went away.

It's Thursday morning, I've been home since yesterday and am doing great! The only pain I have is getting up and down. No leg pain, no hip pain - which is blesssed relief. I had so many people tell me that last day work "I'm praying for tomorrow" - I have to believe that someone was listening because I could have been feeling much worse right now! I don't want to push it...but I'm going to try to get in the studio and paint just a little this afternoon and a little longer tomorrow. I'm not going to push myself...I'll just see how it goes!

How's your days? Are you creating anything ? I'd love to see it. (Living vicariously through others, you know??)

Have a great day!

XO Karen

Karen

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

risa said...

Thank you for your comments on my blog...sounds like you're going thru a rough patch yourself! Hope your healing is uneventful! Seems like we have some things in common--had to laugh at the James Taylor/Ben Taylor (my son's middle name is Taylor!)

Hope to continue reading your blog and hope you'll come back to visit mine!