Friday, September 18, 2009

Gwyn the good witch


Gwyn the good witch, originally uploaded by jacksonsquarestudios.

Here's my entry for the team challenge this week "Wee Witches". I haven't painting much due to my upcomin back surgery and horrible back and leg pain but I must say...I'm missing my studio like crazy! I saw the topic, had this little sketch drawn up and the background already to go....and well, her you go!

Gwyn, the Good Witch is a mixed media piece completed on a 12 x 12 piece of birch panel. I used modeling paste on the background to create a textured background and painted over it with a sort of china blue color. My little with is collaged on along with patterned papers, book pages and sheet music for interest. There's some stamping and painting on the background for visual interest too. A little sparkle and charcoal for aging the piece and she's ready to go! Hope you enjoy her. She will be posted on my website this weekend for sale.

If you are interested before then. send me a comment and we can work something out!!

Go over to the Melange Team Site and check out all of the beautiful artwork that the team members submit! You will be amazed by the loveliness of it all! You might even be tempted to join in next week...you don't have to be a member to play!

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

Glenda-TwoCoolTexans said...

She is very very sweet. I love your style. She doesn't look much like a witch at all, she is just plain fun!