Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pain Free At Last.....with New Creations

A great big Thank You to those who wished me well during my headache from hell! I'm feeling better now and ready for a weekend of family, relaxation and creation. In other words, naps, seeing my kids and cutting and pasting! The piece above is something I just finished and will be posting in my Etsy shop today. The picture is actually my beloved's Menonite grandmother...the little one. Isn't she just the cutest?


This is from an altered book I've been working on for a while. I bought a box of 80 year old scrapbooks at an estate sale...This is one of them. I took it apart and started an altered book for the Music lover. This page was ruined from glued cards that had been peeled off so I took modeling paste and layered on then painted with a mixture of a soft pink and brown. It still needs to be aged but I love the quote...


This is the second page...the inside cover




The bottom half of the same page



The cover of the scrap book. A scrap of antique lace, a piece of an letter of 1897 and a beautiful pattern of the scrapbook....






The ghostly quality of this lady is just beautiful to me. She was in a 1920 copy of Redbook magazine that I found at the Flea Market. Apparently she was an eligible lady in her 20's....I guess an early version of online dating....


I wish you all a happy and blessed Easter weekend....


Have a great day,


Karen



















.

No comments: