Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blooms and Birds...and the return of my life!

A textured background

Acrylic Paint and Melted Oil Pastels


"Blossoms and Birds"

I am so delighted to have been given my life back! I saw my back surgeon today for my post-op visit....the last time I was there I was wheeled in in a wheelchair, in excruciating pain. Today, I walked in - a new woman! In my eyes, he is a miracle worker! I go back to work tomorrow with restrictions and start physical therapy this week. In order to prevent this from happening again (My spine is in terrible shape due to arthritis) I will need to get myself in shape and stay that way. (Here we go again!) Core exercises, yoga and weight loss....that's my prescription for good health.

Here's wishing you good health today.

Karen



4 comments:

Kim Mailhot said...

Yay ! A new lease on life for sure ! So glad you begin relatively pain free so you can gain more and more strength. Go slow to go fast as my Mom always says.
Take good care. Karen !

risa said...

So glad that your recovery is going well! I love the birds!!! They're showing up in my work too!

Julie Prichard said...

WOW Congratulations! Best of luck for continued improvement! (really great painting too!)

xo

Kim said...

That is a wonderful thing to hear and a wonderful painting as well!