Saturday, June 5, 2010

Saturday update







Emma's Garden
available on Ebay
auction ends June 6
It's been an exciting week for me! The opening of my own Ebay store has been both frightening and exhilerating. I've been selling with a group of artists for many months now and have been quite successful. After a couple of hiccups along the way, I decided that what was best for me was to sell on my own. This first group of auctions went well....I love watching the bidders that get their bids in early and wait it out and then at the last minute two or three bidders swoop in and snatch the painting out of their hands! I always feel a little sorry for the original bidder! I wonder if the first couple of bidders have forgotten about the auction or if they are just not quick enough to get their bids in. Curious to know if you think about those things too?
This group of auctions had some disappointments, too! I expected things to move a little slower than usual but I haven't had an unsold item all year and I have to admit, it hurts my ego, just a bit. I tell myself that it's to be expected, my views are not what they were with the group (our feedback scores were combined to make a score of well over 2,000) which leaves my unattended score of only 61 at the present time. So (as I take a deep breath) I will keep pushing through and celebrate the sales that I do have!
Today I'm working on artwork to send out to the gallery...I'm artist #57. I'm going to consider that a lucky number! Have a great Saturday!
Be good to yourself..
Karen




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, thanks so much for visiting me... I looove your artwork! You are so lucky that you have had such good luck selling on Ebay, I can't seem to sell anything so I quit trying! Good luck on your Etsy shop!:D Patti

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

Your work is fabulous-and I love how unique your blog space is!Popping by to say "hello" from Flying Lessons, Robin

Rebecca E. Parsons/Cre8Tiva said...

karen...best of luck withb your ebay store...i can't wait to hear about it more...i am a new grandmother and i am just winging in from flying lessons...i am following you now...great to connect

blessings, rebecca