Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas

It's Christmas Eve...the day we celebrate the holiday. My grandchildren are here waiting in anticipation for everyone to arrive tonight. My father has called from Mississipi with his annual call announcing "It's Christmas Eve!" and all that's left is for the kids to arrive this evening. I watch my grandson and granddaughter - 10 and 13 - and wonder if they miss their mother as terribly as I miss my daughter! Four years ago, was her last Christmas and she was her happiest that Christmas. Three short weeks later she was gone. At the holidays, I miss her the most and it doesn't seem to get better with time.

Here's hoping you're keeping your family close during the Christmas season and enjoying the love of being together.

Have a Merry Christmas !

No comments: